Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do they make a bag that fits in the big green landscaping garbage cans .also what are the best bags ive been useing contract bags for leaves ...u can bag concrete in those but not big enuff i was wondering if they sell bags like the town gives out the huge clear ones thanx

·
Registered
565 Posts
We have a wholesale co that sells all types of supplies and they have about 50 different types of bags of all sizes and thicknesses. Call the city and find out where they get theirs.
Jim

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Try ANY janitorial supply and I think you will find what you are looking for. Afterall,these are the same type bags that schools use, for instance, like for their cafeteria barrels and such. You may even want to check some place like Home Depot or Lowe's but check in the janitorial/building maintenance section, not lawn and garden. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Sams Club (aka Walmart) carries a 55 gal lawn and leaf bag which fits, and is less money than the ones at LS or JThomas.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
You might try the Bag Factory,800-242-4640

·
Registered
723 Posts
My friend is in charge of Maintenance at the school corp. When i did bag he got me all the bags i needed, those clear gaint ones very strong. Just thought you might know someone who works for your local school corp. That was yrs ago im like Mowed who bags?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanx for the replys i cant tarp them because i only have a pathfinder 89 truck with a home made enclosed boat trailer for all my equiptment.i dont use alot of bags i pretty much only use them if they cant be mulched up the big piles then im stuck blowing them into huge piles and bagging them.my girlfriend has a huge woods in the back i usally dump like two garbage cans of leaves or wood back there but its annoying i rather bag it up until i can afford the better truck and trailer.being this has been my first year i rather put all my money into new equiptment im getting a 36 wb toro t-bar model for my first instead of the scag i can buy it today but when do you guys think it is the best time to buy new equiptment now .after christmas or in spring so it dont just sit in my garage.i probally am gona do alot more cleanups so i can use it now.when the best time to buy equiptment money wise also.sorry for so many questions thanx

·
Registered
57 Posts
this should be as good a time as any. we have found that the dealer has more affect over pricing than time of year however it can certainly play a part. also look at serial numbers to make sure you are buying current model both traction unit and deck. sometimes they try to sell overstocks for the same price as current models this should also alow some room for negotiation. we bought 2 toro hydro units in spring 99 and the tration units where 97 units i think we were able to negotiate anther 200 off each unit on already discounted prices. also call around and price match sometimes it is less money to buy tration units form one place and decks from another, or the dealer will match to keep the business.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My experience with buying equipment is that around the end of the year is the best time. One there isn't that much demand for turf equipment with snow on the ground and second, you can tell the dealer if he/she gives you a discount to buy they won't have it in their year end inventory to pay taxes on it.

Just my thought..

·
Registered
72 Posts
If they have a Penn Jersey Dealer in your area they have alot of different size bags. If not Landscaper Supply Has the bags you want in their Catolog.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.