1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Quick trailer wiring question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmanak, Mar 21, 2007.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

I have a rental truck right now and i need to switch my wire over to a 4 pin round connecter. I currently have a 6 pin round. Im not gonna use the brakes, what wire go to what. I have a

green
    yellow
    brown
    big black
    black
    white

and then 4 way has a

white
    green
    yellow
    brown.

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

white is ground,brown is tail lights and green and yellow are turns dont remember witch is witch just use a test light and you will be able to tell

3. GG386

GG386 LawnSite Member

I'm pretty sure you can pick up an pre made adapter at any of the chain auto parts stores like Pep, Napa, Auto Zone etc.

Sure will make your life a lot easier than trying to rig something ad hoc.

4. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

yellow is left signal and green is right signal. I think the adaptor is to go from 6 or 7 round on the truck to 4 wire flat on a trailer. I don't think they make it the other way but might be wrong.

5. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

gReen - Right
    yeLLow - Left
    brown - tail
    white - ground
    The blacks could be brake, reverse, or charge( for elec, brakeaway brake battery). You can find the brake one by puting power to it, the magnets will put out a small hum. Maybe you don't have reverse lights, but I don't know that. Good luck:)