• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Quickbooks 2005 question

mtdman

LawnSite Gold Member
I am waiting for my registration to go through on the qb forums, so I thought i would ask this here in case anyone knows.

In the past with qb 99 I always started new company files each year. I did that to keep things within the year, and to prevent the company backups from getting too large. So each year I'd start a new company. I upgraded to 2005 last year and I signed up for credit card billing, billing solutions, and payroll with my company file for this year. If I start a new company file for 2006, is there a way to transfer those services to that company file? Currently those 3 services only work with the current company file.

Thanks.

Landscape25

LawnSite Member
I just have Simple Start right now but starting a new company each year sounds easier than typing in the dates each time you want to see something in 2006. Are there any disadvantages? I hope my new company gets more business payup .

I was just thinking that you have to redo everything else too.

hoyboy

LawnSite Senior Member
Why would you start a new company each year? I don't understand that. Don't worry about the size of the file. It's miniscule, I'm sure. Even if it's not, just get a bigger hard drive...those are cheap these days. I'd suggest an online backup service as well.

Dan

Landscape25

LawnSite Member
I am just ending my fiscal year on Dec. 31st so I guess it does not need to be programmed. I started my business last year (Oct.) but I did not have the Quickbooks then so I just put everything for this year in the program.