1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Quickbooks or Peachtree

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PrecisionLandService, Jan 22, 2004.

1. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried both of these programs? Which one is easier to you... any opinions?? Which Version?? Looking for something simple with not more then i need... Small lawn care business w/ 2 guy crew.. Would like to start using a program to help keep track of things.

2. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

I use Quickbooks Pro. Set it up in about 1/2 hour, I am no genius on the computer, but have used this for 6 years with no issues.

3. bcx400

bcx400 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I second the Quickbooks Pro vote. If you do not know a lot about accounting, stay away from Peachtree (not personal experience, just second-hand info).
    I also have been using quickbooks for 6 years and am really satisfied. I currently use Quickbooks Pro Contractor edition.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Fanatic
    from zone 6

I vote QB also

5. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Ask your accountant which one they prefer then go wit that one. I personally use Quick Books and love the dickiens out of it. Makes life so easy when you keep up with the paperwork.:blob2:

6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have said qbooks until last month. The morons messed up our order so bad. They sent it to our old address (haven't lived there in over 2 years). That was after we verified our current address, and we have ordered other things thru them and they were shipped here correctly. Long story short we called after waiting 3 weeks. They said we sent to wrong address and that edition is now on backorder. We canceled the sale and then a couple days later it shows up in our mailbox. I still would have paid to have it 3 weeks earlier.

Find a good accountant (CPA) and use what they recommend.

7. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Quick Books!!! Peechtree is much harder to navigate

8. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

OK thanks ... I think im going to stick with quickbooks... I have the 99 version that someone gave me... Do you think there is much difference between the new 2004 version and the 1999 version... I think i will just use the 99

9. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I would go buy the new quickbooks pro, If I was you

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

There is quite a bit of difference between Pro99 and 2004