1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Quickbooks price levels

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Pugsly, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Pugsly

Pugsly LawnSite Member

Ok...driving me nuts here...How do I make differant prices for the same job? I can only adjust it by percent increases. I want to be able to assign a price to each customer in my list without having to fiqure out what the percent differance between $28 and $35 is.

What am I doing wrong?

2. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I think that you can only make 20 different price levels. Therefore if you have over 20 customers this is not going to work all that well.

The system i prefer is to just create a different service item for each customer. For example
    mowmarquart
    mowgoedeker
    mowsmith

then i would also have a sub item
    leafmarquart
    leafgoedeker
    leaf smith

i can assign a different price to each item and makes it really easy to track sales from the sales reports window.

There are some things that i just manually enter the price for such as aeration, and tree trimming as those are things i don't do every week, and don't have a need to track as accurately as my mowings.

3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I think that you can only make 20 different price levels. Therefore if you have over 20 customers this is not going to work all that well.

The system i prefer is to just create a different service item for each customer. For example
    mowmarquart
    mowgoedeker
    mowsmith

then i would also have a sub item
    leafmarquart
    leafgoedeker
    leaf smith

i can assign a different price to each item and makes it really easy to track sales from the sales reports window.

There are some things that i just manually enter the price for such as aeration, and tree trimming as those are things i don't do every week, and don't have a need to track as accurately as my mowings.