quin way 75df

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Johnny79, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Johnny79

Johnny79 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

has anyone used this product for crabgrass? I usually use q4 after august 15th and have good results. I have a lot this year and want to start getting it and im not sure if its too early with this stuff. i was either going to go with this or the drive xlr8. Also does anuone know how much to use per gallon for spot spraying? I cant find it on the label

Thanks for any help

2. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

When a label has a mix rate for spot spraying it's nearly always just max rate for 1k sq ft in 1 gallon of water.

Haven't used quin way but sprayed a ton of quali-pro quinclorac. It's still quinclorac, works fine on crab.

If you are putting it in a backpack pour the granules in a clean gatorade bottle or something similar, fill it 1/2-3/4 with water and shake it up good before you put in the sprayer. Try not to mix more than you're going to use immediately, it'll settle to the bottom.

If you can't avoid letting it sit pump it up good and use your spray wand to agitate it and get it suspended again when needed.

hort101 and Johnny79 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Johnny79

Johnny79 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

thank you

That Guy Gary likes this.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Keep in mind that a Gator Ade bottle is not really a good idea. There is a chance for a mix-up.

Probably illegal to put any pesticide in a food container.

GrassManKzoo and Johnny79 like this.
  5. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

It would be dumb to store it like that and would be a violation. I don't think a slurry for immediate use is storage though.

Using it once to make a slurry and then rinsing and disposing of it immediately doesn't worry me. The possibility that someone might pull the bottle out of the trash and tape it up to drink from it doesn't keep me up at night.