Lawn Care Forum banner

Quote on Rock Removal

45K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  D Felix 
#1 ·
Im putting together one of my first qoutes on a rock removal. Its 12 yards of mulch rock around a residential use. Im going to use a rock vac which will cost me $150 for the day. Dumping the rock will cost $180. I dont have a dump and my trailer gwv on the axes is only around 7,000 so im going to have to make upto 5 trips to the dump. for the 33,000 lbs of rock. Not quick sure how long it will take. The yard is under 6,000 sq feet and its big open spaces so wheel barrowing won't be difficult. What do you think you guys would estimate for this?... $800 came to mind but one side of me says thats going to be very high, but yet I don't really want to do it so thats what will make it worth my while.

#4 ·
You are more or less installing the rock, in reverse. Rock goes for what, $80 to $100, installed. I think removing it and hauling it away is actually harder than installing it, so charge at least what it would cost to install. With your dump costs I would charge at least $1600, rent a large skidsteer and hire a large dump truck to haul it away. You'll kill yourself trying to wheelbarrow that much rock and haul it away in your trailer.

#6 ·
I charge $100 a ton to remove rock, plus dump fees. That is only if they are close to the dump, less than 6 miles. I have a dump trailer, but it only holds 4 tons, so that means 3 trips. The job totally sucks, and I only do it if it is part of a bigger job such as putting in new rock or sod, or a total landscape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.