Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received call about fescue overseeding his entire yard. 1.5 acres. I'm assuming around 60000 sq. ft. How would you guys bid on this one? Wants aerated and seeded.

·
Banned
3,485 Posts
If I were quoting the job I would bid $20.00 per 1000, a discount for the larger area. $50.00 for 2 soil test. Your total out of pocket should be $540.00 for seed, starter fert, if seed is obtained at $0.93 cents a pound, and the charge would be $1250.00. If you have a pull behind that would do a good job you may adjust the price if you feel you need too. Remember, your expense is around $8.40 per each 1000 sf, so don't under bid.

Ray

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ray.

My seed is 1.05 per pound. I can calculate that in. So what time of starter fert do you use? How much do you use per 1000 sq ft.?

Thanks again.
Eric

·
Banned
3,485 Posts
Yes. Lesco can give you a chart that shows the seed pattern for certin rates to calabrate, I just set it at around N or M and apply. I have already figured how much seed is needed so no problem.

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.