Qwikchute on a stander

I recently picked up a Scag V-Ride II (48")

The OCDC from Scag is 1. spendy at close to $450 2. Requires you to leave the factory discharge guard on. So... I am hoping I made the right choice in ordering a Qwikchute model for the Scag. It has NOT come in yet, so I am eager to see it in operation and how well the Qwikchute bolts up.

Has anyone used a Qwikchute on a V-Ride II? or any stander? My afterthough on this one is the lean over reach. How far do you have to stretch out to grab the handle, and is it too much to not be a pain in the tail?

fatboynormmie

LawnSite Bronze Member
8D3FB9E1-441E-4799-843B-2CCEDDF5A170.jpeg
F6826C51-FDAC-467A-86B8-A2FCB057F359.jpeg

Love the qwikchute. I have run them for 8-9yrs on all types of mowers. Currently have one on my Pro-stance but like with all my other mowers that are qwikchute equipped I custom make my own handles to fit the machine how I want it. The first pic shows the qwikchute in the partially open detent which ejects clippings backwards which is a nice feature. Plus it opens fully and I can drop on my Accelerator baggers too. The handle is electrical conduit and is easy for me personally bend up a custom handle to fit the mower and me just how I want them. I’m sure qwikchute could make you a custom one if you contact them as they are an awesome company to deal with if the stock unit is not the right fit for you.

OP
Rostan Properties

Rostan Properties

LawnSite Member
View attachment 386417 View attachment 386416

Love the qwikchute. I have run them for 8-9yrs on all types of mowers. Currently have one on my Pro-stance but like with all my other mowers that are qwikchute equipped I custom make my own handles to fit the machine how I want it. The first pic shows the qwikchute in the partially open detent which ejects clippings backwards which is a nice feature. Plus it opens fully and I can drop on my Accelerator baggers too. The handle is electrical conduit and is easy for me personally bend up a custom handle to fit the mower and me just how I want them. I’m sure qwikchute could make you a custom one if you contact them as they are an awesome company to deal with if the stock unit is not the right fit for you.
Great to hear! I've been waiting on Dale at Qwikchute to ship mine out to me... been waiting for the charge to hit my account or a shipping email to pop up, but nothing yet after a week.

Thanks for the pictures and the tip on your handle... I may do something like that as well, depending on where the grip lands upon bolting it up.