1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

racks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by logan, Aug 2, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

For anyone with an enclosed trailer. I am going to be picking up my new 8x20 enclosed trailer in a few weeks. In the trailer that I have now, I only have trimmer racks. I am going to be putting a backpack sprayer rack and two blower racks on the wall. I also was going to put some sort of gas can rack in it(since I carry 5, five gallon cans of gas and 8, one gallon cans of mix gas). I just wanted to know where they should be mounted for convienience and efficiency.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Why in the world do you carry so much gas??? That is crazy... you are a rolling bomb. 5 5gallon cans? For what? You can't possibly put that much equipment in that trailer to require that much gas. I think i would rethink my fueling strategy and refuel a little more often and carry less quantity. This will do 2 things...Give you much more room, and it will make you MUCH safer.

3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

not only that but how often do u use that 25 gallons of gas.......... if not very often it could go stale quickly causing carbon deposits in the carbs/engines..... esp 8 gallons of mix dang thats alot....... why not just carry a gallons or two and re mix during the day if need be? anyhow just my thoughts

4. logan

from FL

Well I have a 52 with a 23hp kawi engine that I mow 60 lawns with about 20 hours a week. I also have a 36 stander with a 17hp engine that gets about 10 hours a week. They both use a lot of gas and I don't like to have to stop in the middle of the week (for efficiency purposes) in the morning because everyone else does that, or in the evening because I am pretty beat and it's late. So, if I can spend 20 minutes every other week getting gas that is a good thing, I feel. As for the mix gas. I think that the little cans are easier to handle. I think, also, that my old boss used to carry about twice as much as I do and I got into that same pattern to a lesser degree. I was not aware of the carbon buildup situation though. That is something to consider.

5. logan

from FL

But my original question was where is the best place to put sprayer/blower racks in an enclosed trailer?

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Dido thats a lot of "incase" fuel. Fuel left in a can will only last for at most up to 3-5 weeks why bother with all the extra hassel of refueling with cans

7. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I built my own blower rack, I will get a pick, very simple mounted to wall, gas can (1) 5 gallon mounted on tounge of trailer, (1) 2 cycle inside trailer near trimmers.

Intend when time permits (and it cools off some) to build racks for sprayers.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Mount the sprayer/blower racks on the wall.

9. logan

from FL

I thought that I would mount them on the wall too, but I was wondering if you would mount them one on each side or both on the same side. I will have a 61inch z in the back. So would you mount them on the wall in the back above the Z?

10. smcguirt

smcguirt LawnSite Member

Who makes the racks and can you post some pics if possible?

Thanks,
    Shawn