• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Radio Advertisement

redbuckcavs

LawnSite Member
I have a 30 second spot scheduled for the next 6 weeks promoting my lawn spraying business. Most of the competition in our area offers spraying, mowing, landscaping, hardscape etc. and they are understaffed and untrained to do timely lawn apps. I want to "hit home" that all we do is lawn apps so the customers can be assured of timely treatments, by qualified techs.

Any thoughts on a good commercial ? or is there a site that I can download to listen to other commercials to get some good ideals....thanks in advance

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
We did trade out for radio adds last season and will again this season. Our local radio guy helped with writing the ads. I did the most of the talking. One ad was about lake friendly apps. Another doing it yourself. The last about us diagnosing problems then finding the right program. Did not get a lot of estimates out of it, but we are new and getting our name out there.

Heidi J.

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a 30 second spot scheduled for the next 6 weeks promoting my lawn spraying business. Most of the competition in our area offers spraying, mowing, landscaping, hardscape etc. and they are understaffed and untrained to do timely lawn apps. I want to "hit home" that all we do is lawn apps so the customers can be assured of timely treatments, by qualified techs.

Any thoughts on a good commercial ? or is there a site that I can download to listen to other commercials to get some good ideals....thanks in advance
I have never had any luck with radio advertising. There is so much to consider too (age, niche, appropriate timing). But I wish you luck! Your salesman should write up an ad for you, and then you can critique it.