1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Radio, does it work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you using radio to advertise your business? A friend of mine is in the carpet business and uses only a radio ad and his yellow page ad. He is getting good response from the radio. Cost is $77.00 per month and is on 3 times per day. I live in a SMALL RURAL town and I think everyone listens to this station at one time or another during the day. Help me out here guys/gals SPRING is right around the CORNER. What do you THINK???????
    Mowman

2. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

Wow that's pretty cheap,is that F.M or A.M radio?My friend is a jingle writer...could probably make you guys a commerial fairly cheap

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Turfcat,
    Yes this is a local FM radio station. It has a sister station in another town 16 miles away and I think you also get one ad a day on their station also. Hey I'm just LOOKING for some AWESOME results, MOW CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!! If you know what I mean. Need more to BLOW factory JOB and do this thing we call LAWN CARE FULL TIME!!!!!!!!
    Mowman

4. How about this jingle:

If you can't hack it let the Mowman whack it.

5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

That's a decent price for advertising. The only thing with that is you're going to get a real wide area of coverage. I've never looked into the radio for advertising, let us know how it works.

6. plow kid

plow kid Banned