Lawn Care Forum banner

Radio in Skid Steer

11K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  alldayrj 
#1 ·
After spending 30+ hours completing a job with my skid steer last week I was thinking about putting an on board radio like for a boat or something in this Winter. Just wanted to see what radios y'all had put in your equipment I was thinking a head unit with speakers built in would be best but I'm open for ideas. I figured boat stuff would be best since it's waterproof?

Or maybe we should just be talking about what set of Work headphones are the best. I thought it might be cool if everyone could enjoy the tunes though!

I like listening to local FM/AM stations and occasionally my mp3 player but I'm an old fashioned radio listener mainly.

Let me know where you have your unit mounted as well as I'm unsure where I'd put it (I have a Case 440 and it does have a small shelf area behind the site before the rear glass.

Any pictures or model #'s would be appreciated.

#5 ·
I work out in the middle of nowhere and the radio signals suck. I pay for XM radio and either plug directly into the radio with ear buds or use the FM transmitter and wear AM/FM hearing protectors. I spent years listening to nothing but the engine hum and it drove me nuts. With a radio, I at least feel like I'm not missing anything.

#8 ·
I forgot that I too use my phone to pick up Iheartradio. I like to listen to talk during the day and 80's rock on the way home. The drawback to my phone is that the battery doesn't last and it's a pain to plug into the power port. I'm a lot more productive and less distracted when my mind is occupied while I'm getting beat up in a machine. Looking back over the last 16 years of working in a machine, I'd say that the creature comforts like radio and a/c have allowed me to enjoy work a little more.

#9 ·
I agree. Our first skid was a 94 mustang. Still have it but pulling 24 hrs with no heat or cab or radio doing snow was miserable. Now in the 07 gehl with heat wipers cig lighter and door I'm like a king and have billed out 46 hours work in 48! I don't tun the door unless its the winter though. No AC and i think it slows me down grtting in and out.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.