• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

RAIN!!!! About time...

SpudsM15

LawnSite Senior Member
Finnally the northeast is getting a good solid rain..... But, it seems like we are getting a whole seasons worth of rain in a couple days!!!

:pumpkin:

TURFLORD

LawnSite Senior Member
Amen, brother.

Jpocket

LawnSite Silver Member
Thank God...the only thing is they are calling for rain most of next week. I hope it clears so we can get a good solid 3 weeks of "FULL SCHEDULE" cutting.

fga

LawnSite Silver Member
it comes when i don't want it though. i'm trying to finish my dethatching/seeding, and i have quite a few houses left.. i wish it could have waited a week.
ever thatch a wet lawn? :angry:

rodfather

LawnSite Fanatic
Last time it was this dry was '99, then Hurricane Flyd came by and ended that drought with 11" of rain.

LwnmwrMan22

LawnSite Platinum Member
rodfather said:
Last time it was this dry was '99, then Hurricane Flyd came by and ended that drought with 11" of rain.
We just had 11" of rain Tuesday - Wednesday of this last week.

2 weeks ago we had 3-4" of rain.

The grass is growing like mad.

What's bad now is, the temps are so cool that the ground isn't drying out.

The properties with hills on them, it's almost impossible to keep a mower on the hill without tearing things up.

It's 27 degrees out right now, 8 am Saturday morning. Guess I'll just go and BREAK the grass off. :)

mrusk

LawnSite Gold Member
Been pouring hard for 18+ hours in norther Jersey. They are calling for 5+ inches!! My lawn is already turning green. To bad the rain didnt come weeks ago. I lost so much money it is not funny. I haven't mowed some lawns in 5 weeks!

Matt