• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

"rain-cad"

PurpHaze

LawnSite Fanatic
JQLC said:
Was looking through an article for "Rain-Cad". Anyone use it? Is it worth the money ($1000.00) Thanks for the advice...
I've been using Rain CAD for almost five years now. Love the program vs. the old style drafting I used to do but have no experience with other irrigation programs to compare it to. Takes a little while to set up and some things are tricky to learn but after the learning curve is done it's a great tool. I especially love the ease of keeping as-builts up to date. I also use it for generating zone maps of all our sites so when we have a problem we'll know approximately which controller and which zone is involved. I'm hoping to upgrade to their newest version later this year.

Broker

LawnSite Senior Member
we have it. You can pick up an older version on ebay for a few bucks and see if you like it before you drop the G down on the latest and greatest.

PurpHaze

LawnSite Fanatic
RI Ohio said:
we have it. You can pick up an older version on ebay for a few bucks and see if you like it before you drop the G down on the latest and greatest.
Do you guys have the new windows-based version or an older DOS-based one? Mine is the DOS-based one and I have to keep all the files to eight characters or less. Kind of a mess when you have quite a few files but I get by.

PurpHaze

LawnSite Fanatic
One of the hardest things I ran into when setting up this program was getting the plans to print to scale on our plotter. We opted for an 18" x 24" maximum output large format printer and I noted that the actual prints were a little off scale. Tried adjusting several things (including margins) and finally corrected this by indicating initially on a new drawing in "page setup" that I was using a 17" x 22" sheet of paper instead of the actual size. Worked like a charm.