Lawn Care Forum banner

rain days?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  meets1 
#1 ·
what do you do? how does it work if 3 hrs into the day it rains. so then you wasting fuel driving back and forth and diesel is $4 a gallon.
but if you dont bring people in u dont make any money.
it just seems like rain days are a lose lose

#2 ·
That is one of the frustrating parts of this time of year. I leave at the same time every morning to go out and mow, rain or shine. I will mow as long as the sidewalks are mostly dry. Bring a book, do some bids, socialize with your dealers.
If you feel like your day is blow, unlikely all day, sharpen blades, change oil, organize the office, spend time with the family.
Make sure your always moving forward.

#4 ·
Ya, always have to stay busy, even if it rains, its when I go talk with other business in my city to hopefully get work done for them. Or stay home, do my paper work, clean my machines, maintenance etc.

#5 ·
Rain days - perfect days to catch up. Return phone calls - should do this anyways but maybe your a day early) got ideas of equipment, new or existing buinsess or expandsion - call your banker - say i am open. To stock up on filters, oil, sharpen a few sets of blades. Countless things to do.

I am caught up an all that stuff as it has rain/snow here since last week thursday. 1/2 day worth of production today. tomorrow, work at shop - put on the rain coat and may lay some versa lok blocks.

Always stuff to do. If not - not knowing if your married but go chase your wife around, play with kids, take a nap. enjoy the downtime (maybe)!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.