Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
The rain had been OK here until about three weeks ago. My personal yard was cut about a week ago, and it looks like it was cut yesterday. Somehow the weeds in the garden are getting enough rain to keep going strong. I hate these dust bowl conditions.

· Registered
647 Posts
Its been raining steady here since the spring. At least 3-4 times a week. Record breaking amounts. I havent turned my irrigation system at home on, and the grass is just as green as the guy across the streets who waters daily. Its been very frustrating-lots of window time between showers, many early days, because of thunderstorms, we have had to work every Saturday since April just to keep up-good thing I left a day open on each crew every cycle, otherwise we would be really *****.

· Registered
16,391 Posts
The Hurricane center is still calling for an above average year for Hurricanes--85% chance of it being above average. Thats the only thing that will break this drought in large parts of the Southeast
Hell, that should be easy...I dont think we had a single tropical storm last year.

· Moderator, Friend, Angel
25,126 Posts
Hell, that should be easy...I dont think we had a single tropical storm last year.
That average is estimated over many years lol. Ya they were wrong with their estimate last year:rolleyes: They say everything is in place right now for above average activity. Last year, what did develop, went to Mexico. Looks like the same pattern this year or they turn far to the North and out to sea

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.