Rain gutter clean out. Pump question

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Deerfarmer, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Deerfarmer

Deerfarmer LawnSite Member

ive thought a little about offering gutter cleaning as another addition to my other services and wonder if using a pump like what I posted would work. I was going to set up a trailer with a 250-500 gal water tank with a garden hose reel and make a pvc gutter wand. The first pic is a Honda wx15 with a max 54psi.
    Second is a Honda wb20 good for 45psi max. With these pumps work or is a pressure washer the way to go? I’m thinking of this set up so I can also offer commercial spraying with pumps like these

D97DEBC3-C777-49B3-BBDD-65473A45D899.jpeg

5FA0A1A0-9306-4423-81BD-0C298926A0D5.jpeg

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

You going to be working in areas without water hookups? Why not use the customers water?

bmc1025 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Deerfarmer

I guess I could but I’d still need a pump and if I’m going to set the trailer up for spraying I might as well just use it off the trailer instead of dragging the pump off the trailer?

4. fireball756

fireball756 LawnSite Senior Member

164 GPM pump and a 3 inch gutter, get ready to be wet all the time

5. OP
    OP
    Deerfarmer

Why is that? It would obviously have a shut off on the handle to regulate the flow and 164gpm is when it’s wide open. It would more than likely be on idle to rinse gutters out

6. fireball756

fireball756 LawnSite Senior Member

What I was trying to say was you were interested in Honda trash pumps. You really can’t control them. You need to bypass the flow back into the tank The other thing is at that rate you will empty your tank in about 4 minutes and it will take you 40 minutes to fill the tank with a garden house. You would be better off buying a pressure washer and gravity flow it from the tank. At least you would take 2 or 3 hours to empty the tank. I just find it easier to blow out the gutters with backpack air blowers. Then have a snake to clean out cutbacks and downspouts

Deerfarmer likes this.