1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Rain switches on Irrigation systems

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Bmars, Aug 30, 2001.

?

Should Rain switches be required on all irrigation systems

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. public water only

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. well water and public water

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Bmars

Bmars LawnSite Member

What are the requirements for rain switches on irrigation Systems in Texas. Public water or well water. I know you have to pay a permit fee on wells to the tnrcc. I would think from a conservation standpoint it would make sense to require it on public and or well water

2. Bmars

Bmars LawnSite Member

I see people have looked in But I have not recieved any answers is there not any Texas Irrigators dialed in here . If they are here in Texas this week they are'nt Irrigating It has rained all week and more to come.

3. carltip

carltip LawnSite Member

We have been doing irrigation work in the Houston area for about 3 years and I have never seen a city or municipality that requires them. We, none the less, put one on every system that we install. I would hope other irrigations would do the same. There is nothing worse than watching a system run in the rain for lack of a $20 rain switch.

4. LiquidLand

LiquidLand LawnSite Member

A requirement for new install permitting in Tampa, Fl.-personal opinion-a waste of time-most homeowners run it anyway, and it only seems to prevent watering on scheduled days-go figure!:cool: