1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Rain ????????? Where???? Everywhere but here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman25, Jul 24, 2002.

1. lawnman25

lawnman25 LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

If you think it is dry where you are you should be in Southwest Kansas . We have had officially 4 1\2 inches of moisture since last September . 2 3/4 inces came in the form of snow last winter ! Sales are down 65% . But the sprinkler renovation and repair business has skyrocketed ! Droughts let you know how stable you really are and how well you can adapt to change . Let me know how many of you had to make changes to your company to survive drought . 3 large lawn companies in a town of 3700 people . Each company does 70 lawns or better . Plus all the scrubs we compete with . We are all still here . I'll let you know who is still around in November .

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :sleeping:

2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

We are just the opposite here, sorry. If we could just. send some your way. I feel for you. Hang in there and good luck.

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with your statement about only the strong survive. A poor business model will fail at the first setback. Good to see you are a survivor. Hope the rains come soon.

We usually have a week or two of dry conditions here, not drought. I keep personal and business expenses at 1970's rates, just in case. If the drought does not show, then the profit acts as more of a cushion if/when one does arrive.