1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

RAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jason2, Sep 2, 2000.

1. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

Woke up to some light rain. First moisture we've seen in months. Hopefully it will rain all weekend. Got some non-irrigated accounts I haven't cut in a month. Sure be nice to bring that money in again.

Acute cut, or twotoros, any rain in the western part of the state?

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

No rain here...hasn't in over than a month. Would help our business.

3. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

It's been raining here for 4 day's, Grass is growing fast.............:)

4. LoneStarLawn

It's so bad down here in South Texas that we have water restrictions so not to deplete our aquifer.

5. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Lone Star: Preach on brother! It's so bad Austin 107 & Dallas 108 degrees I'm about ready to do a rain dance or something. Say where did all the scrubs go? hummmm?

6. LoneStarLawn

Hey Stinger, if your in South Texas can I ask you a good place to buy a landscape trailer. Thanks...Need to get a new one

7. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

It's rained here so much that the ground is so saturated, you can't mow without destroying the lawn. Been that way all month. I have several clients from last week that still haven't been cut and they aren't even upset about it. I know it makes the grass grow, but I could use a break so can cut some of it. :)

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Strange season so far. It been raining everyday in sc for the past week. Which I think is great. This usually happens in the spring. Usually rains at night and is dry late in the morning. That works out perfectly for me. I wish texas would get some. Seems that the weather people were wrong about the big change in the weather coming. Or maybe its just coming later. Anyway I never ever complain about it raining. The best august I have had in along time. And september is looking great too

9. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Lone Star: Call Stone's in Selma at (210) 651-9765 and ask for Mike. They have good new and used trailers. Still no rain here! I feel like the wicked witch, i'ts so hot, ah I'm melting!!!