Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in lawn care and do no irrigation work.

My wife and I just had a system installed on Friday consisting of Rainbird 5000 rotors, sprays, and mp rotators.

One rotor is rotating to the left too far and watering part of our neighbors property. I understand how to adjust the arc to the right by turning the screw, but I don't know how to adjust the left side stop.

Do I just turn the head to the right until the left stop is aligned properly, then adjust the screw for the right side?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I thought that was it, but I was afraid to try it before asking. I didn't want to break it, after all my wife already ran over the head at the end of the driveway coming home from the grocery store not even three hours after they left.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know all of the technical jargon, but I do remember the sales guy mentioning a connection that will allow some movement of the head without causing any problems.

I think this was damaged because the ground around it was so soft that there was so much room for movement that it was no match for a car tire. The tech was out within an hour, pulled the head out, cut some of the supply line off and replaced a connection at the bottom of the head. He then connected it, placed it back in the ground and we were back in business.

We have a mailbox in that same corner near the driveway, so they placed an mp rotator between the mailbox and driveway. The rotor that was hit is on the opposite side of the sidewalk where the driveway and sidewalk meet. Our driveway is angled on that side and my wife cut the corner too short. Attached is a picture from a previous post to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=202682

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.