Rainbird 5000+ and 1800 heads

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
Need to replace some broken heads at my house. Usually go with the 5000/1800 heads. Anything else a better value.

Also need to change out some 1800 nozzles. Most are pc or fc abs have the 15van fixed or adjustable. Since all are either half circle or full circle I will replace with more accurat distance heads(5 or 8 feet).

Am I good?

OP
G

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
Gmaster, your not allowed on the irrigation forum. Quit being so cheap and hire an expert
Lock it up then. Not cheap. Replacing a head is a pretty simple task. Was just inquiring about models.

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Did I get your blood going, :laugh: just messing with you Sasquatch

Yes, those are my heads of choice but............there;s several choices among those 2. For instance they both can be had in SAM, PRS and etc. and multiple nozzle choices.

Do you have excessive pressure, a certain distance you need to throw(5000) changes in elevation? These factors will influence (or should) your choice. Everything's simple until you're the one doing it, kinda like doing apps. Just spray it on the grass what's so hard about that, right.

BTW, EVERYTHING'S 15' in landscaping so that's why they always use 15' nozzles. (irrigation people joke)

OP
G

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
You good. I just have a system that was here when I moved in and I need to update some heads and nozzles. Been using the 5000 rotor and swapping the gpm nozzle for wet/dry places. System has to be pretty old. I’ve been upgrading stuff as I need.

Our Lowe’s only stocks the homeowner rainbird stuff so I usually buy from the online store.

I also like to keep some heads in stock in case I break one at a clients house.

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I'll gladly tell you everything I know but the question is where to start?

But to answer your basic question, those are good choices

On breaking heads, I guess you haven't gotten completely out of the mowing gig?

Delmarva Keith

LawnSite Senior Member
In my opinion (which is admittedly biased because I mostly use Rainbird 5000 series rotors and 1800 series nozzle bodies), you can’t go wrong with those products in a residential system. For which specific model of each, depends on the application.