Rainbird Controller Error Codes

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
What does " No Mod" mean on display when we switch it to a station and hit manual mode to operate. The valve isn't coming on and we havn't had time to investigate. This controller is new and looks like it has three modules. I didn't have time to check if all valves on one of the modules isn't working.
 
OP
E

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
Would a debug procedure be to remove the module and put it in another slot and then rotate a good module into the ??? bad slot?

Thanks for the input.
 

sheshovel

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
zone 7 CA
Well it could mean that you havent given the station any amount of time to run manualy.Some controllers just automaticly run the valve for it's set amount of time when you push manual.On others you have to enter an amount of time you want it to run that valve manualy.
 

Dirty Water

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
Redmond, WA
sheshovel said:
Well it could mean that you havent given the station any amount of time to run manualy.Some controllers just automaticly run the valve for it's set amount of time when you push manual.On others you have to enter an amount of time you want it to run that valve manualy.
No, "NO MOD" means its not finding a module for that zone.

Have you ever used an ESP-M?

What your describing is the difference between the Irritrol Raindial/totalcontrol and the ESP's.

And one of the reasion why ESP's seem to be so much easier for the elderly (75% of my clients) to understand.

ED2Hess:

Which zone is being effected? I'm guessing between 5-7.

Try unplugging the module and plugging it back in, or try replacing it.
 
OP
E

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes it was in the 5 - 7 range. It is the first one I have seen, any idea on what a module would cost? This is a new resturant that is under warranty but the installer won't come out and we are at 100F each day. We are turned the valves on manually when we mowed but that will only last about two days before it will need water in our area.
 

Dirty Water

LawnSite Fanatic
Location
Redmond, WA
ed2hess said:
Yes it was in the 5 - 7 range. It is the first one I have seen, any idea on what a module would cost? This is a new resturant that is under warranty but the installer won't come out and we are at 100F each day. We are turned the valves on manually when we mowed but that will only last about two days before it will need water in our area.
New modules retail at $22.
 
OP
E

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
I went in and took each module out and reseated it and the unit ran fine. It doesn't give me a warm feeling that the problem won't come back because the failing module was locked in position??? Since the site was several miles away I bought a module ($19) in our area so I guess I will go ahead and put it in and get warranty.
 

bicmudpuppy

LawnSite Silver Member
Location
Aztec, NM
ed2hess said:
I went in and took each module out and reseated it and the unit ran fine. It doesn't give me a warm feeling that the problem won't come back because the failing module was locked in position??? Since the site was several miles away I bought a module ($19) in our area so I guess I will go ahead and put it in and get warranty.
Jon will know for sure, but I *think* the ESP-M advertises "hot swaping" of those modules. Most modular controllers have the potential to "miss" an added mod if you don't reset them when the mod is installed. Power surges do funny things to these modular controllers. The early ICC's were real good about droping modules or suddenly recognizing all 48 potential zones for the panel. The modular Toro controllers have similar issues only with that "T" word added in. If the controller is working fine, I would be tempted to suggest you inventory that module instead of just trading it out and getting warranty credit. Save it for "the next time".
Good Luck :)
 
Top