Rainbird ESP-SMT controller lost connection to pod

golfgame

LawnSite Member
Having the original ESP-SMT controller, today the red alarm button came on. The screen indicates that the controller has lost contact with the Pod and to check the wiring. The wiring is intact and appears OK. Nothing has happened to disturb it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with this issue?

Attachments

mitchgo

LawnSite Gold Member
This happened to one of ours last week! Poor Guy- RIP . I didn't have time at that moment for a replacement and it's our hot streak.
IMG_0405.JPG
IMG_0402 (1).JPG
I had a ESPME on board. I swapped to that, but the SMT doesn't recognize the module setup properly. All 12 zones are working

mitchgo

LawnSite Gold Member
I Haven't seen this before so I was confused at first. It's a bee's nest- there was one bee poking out of one of the sacks. I don't know why it's all dead .. The HOA said their grass was frying up and this is what I walked into. I'm going to guess the landscapers sprayed down the controller after getting attacked by the bee's

OP
G

golfgame

LawnSite Member
So just what would be my options here to still maintain the features and desired effects that this gives the controller?