1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Rainbird nozzles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Don32, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Don32

Don32 LawnSite Member

I have a 15EST Fixed nozzle for the 1800. This is their "end strip" model. My question is this, I'm getting a little side-to-side spray sort of like a 180. When I called Rainbird they said I would get a little water coming out of the sides. This doesn't make sense to me, is this somewhat true? There is not a lot of water coming out but enough to be frustrating since this nozzle is designed to be projected like a cone shape.

Thanks. :confused:

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The rainbird EST' and SST's have some side spray, its annoying, but there isn't much you can do.

3. Don32

Don32 LawnSite Member

Thank you.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The nozzles are made with the intention of their being able to cover their territory (at least three feet wide) without assistance from a neighboring nozzle.

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I can't think of a fixed spray nozzle that actually holds to its exact arc degrees. There's always some excess spray. :)

6. londonrain

londonrain LawnSite Silver Member

If you dont want the side spray out of the 15est , then use a 15 van nozzle.