1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

rainbird seeder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nova385, Dec 14, 2003.

1. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

Has anyone owned (or used) a rainbird p-18 overseeder OR a c-18 thatcher? What are they worth used but in excellent condition?

I have a picture of them but this dang dial-up would take forever. I'll post them at work Monday.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I used one and won't waste my time with again, Try a lesco renovator and you will understand why I won't waste time with a Rainbird

Mac

3. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

Whitch one is a waste of time? The seeder or the dethatcher?

4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Never Heard of the Rainbird seeder, but I have heard of Bluebird. Are you Meaning Bluebird? If So Seeder in good condition 500-700. Power Rake, 250-450.00

5. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

Sorry it a BLUEBIRD

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Sorry I mis-read the the Bluebird overseeder is a waste of $$$ as the lesco does both overseed & dethatch

Mac

7. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

The blue bird will do both also but you have to change the blades. I figured that I would be taking to much time to change the blades. So I got one off each.

8. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Nova,

Here is a quote from this post.

"I will probably get beat up badly for this one, but we rent bluebird and have always been happy. You heard me..r-e-n-t. But they seem to be a good machine, I figure if it can handle being a rental (high abuse) then it must be tough."

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Can't speak for the overseeder, but I have the lawn comber and aerator made by Bluebird. Both are tough as nails and both have the honda engines and both were previously owned by a rental shop. If I had to do it all over again and by new, I would not buy the aerator. I personally wouldn't buy the seeder, even used. The prices that J Hisch gave are pretty much the going rate for used.