1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Raining In Eastern Nc

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mow"N"Bud, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

Not only Eastern NC but all over the Eastern Seaboard. I know the grass needs rain, but if things go the way the weather man says it will be 5 straight days with out cutting. Man will my lawn service be behind. Good luck to each of you, and I hope non of us get any damage from this storm.

2. intercoastal

intercoastal LawnSite Member

in wilmington its like a lake all-over

3. landgator

landgator LawnSite Member

Mow N Bud where in Eastern NC are you located? The rain wont be around for to long. Sat, Sun, Mon 30% chance of Tshowers in the pm. You should be alright, Im planning on catching up this weekend if all goes well.
    :usflag:

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I've already got the tractor loaded with the aerator. Tomorrow after the rains slow down, I'm pokin' holes!:laugh:

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

dude you've had to many of those "buds" in your name. It started raining last evening and will be finished by tomorrow evening (Friday). How's that 5 days?

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

did not rain much in atlantic beach or morehead today.... We got tons of work done...

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

sounds like he is new to the business.....

this time of year there is a 30% chance EVERY day....

i remember in 1998 we had to start work earlier becuase for 3 weeks it rained EVERT afternoon at about 3:00pm

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea Mikes right...I mean...it should clear out tomorrow by noonish to late afternoon...then its time to fire em up again.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be doing the same here in the Triangle

10. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are taking a nice 5 day weekend :)..... sure is nice to have most on contracts and not have to worry about losing money! I may send the guys out on saturday to do 90 yards of mulch at a property, but no mowing for us until Tuesday.