1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Rainmaster remote quit working

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Mar 31, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Ark

The transmitter seems to have quit all of sudden. It was working fine yesterday evening. There is no beep when I mash any buttons. I checked the battery and it reads 5.9 volts. I figure a fresh battery should read closer to 7. According to the manual there should be a low battery warning beep when it gets low but it did no such thing. I will try a new battery as soon as I can get one, just wanted opinions & experience from all the experts. If the RM goes down at this time of year your gonna hear me crying.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Get hold of Fimco through his pigtail site. He's tight with RM and has even toured the factory. I am sure he can help you out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

good idea, will do if a new battery doesn't do the trick

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Best of luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

He is NOT tight with the factory, they want nothing to do with him. The batteries are expensive, but worth a try. I'd be thinking keyboard failure, which is common for a unit used a lot (or dropped). Last we had one done, it was around $300.00. Considering the cost of a replacement ( around $700.00 last time I checked), sending it in would be my choice.

6. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

Took it apart and cleaned it up, put it back together and it's working now. There was a little moisture and dirt inside. Maybe I need to treat my baby a little better.

7. the irrigator

the irrigator LawnSite Member

I had the same problem a while back and started using a case like the ones used for hand held marine radios. It's a liitle cumbersome but keeps it clean and dry.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Who the hell makes an irrigation remote that isn't rated at least NEMA 6 if not 6P? Apparently rainmaster. Top of the line my ass. :hammerhead:

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I can't imagine having a remote without a padded case and living in the front seat. A case for the RM is around $100.00, your cost.

10. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

thats odd, the first rainmaster i saw was mr. john Eagle's, it was broken at the time too.

yall must work too hard.