1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

raising deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, Apr 7, 2005.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

how do you raise the deck on a fixed deck bobcat 48 w/b. the mower is maybe 4 years old. its set know at 2.5 i wanna raise it to 2 3/4 or 3 inches

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Either by changing the spacers on the blade spindles or on the front deck casters.

3. bobcatnj

i changed the spacers on the spindles but then it makes a grinding noise on the cover for the deck.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

When's the last time you greased the spindles?

5. bobcatnj

all the time. they always have grease in them

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Normally raising or lowering a deck to a certain height involves the front spacers, the blade spacers, and the rear wheels. Most manufacturers have guidelines on how to properly raise or lower a deck to obtain the most desireable cut. If you do not alter your deck height in accordance with these criteria, you may not get a nice cut.
    Check with your local Bobcat dealer in reference to height adjustment guidlines.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a gravely :rolleyes: pull 4 pins and go!

8. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I have Bob Cats and Mo Green is right. If your at 2 and half then your probably in the middle of the adjustments. I would now just play around with the shims on the front castor's. I usually run 3 halve inch shims under the front castor's. I also run the blades all the way up with the shims below the blade.

I believe the factory setting for 2 and halve inches is one big shim ( half inch) and a small one on each front caster. Then have the blades set the way I just explained.