1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Raising rates after 3 years Landscape Gardener

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by h&m GARDENS, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc LawnSite Member

Well put @rclawn!!!

OP, some good advice here!

As stated, each person gets charged for the dump fee/haul off etc!

I will give you my own example, before spring, I buy 2 pallets of fertilizer, 1pallett of 17/5/9, one of 32/3/9. I believe I payed around $320 for each pallet. These are 50 lb bags. I will use up about a 1/3 of a bag on most lawns, (front only) and charge $85! Each customer is charged that $85, and my book of business for apps grows year to year by word of mouth! My point is that 1 bag can do roughy 3 lawns! My customers pay for my skill in applying the right amount and equipment and time to do it!

my point I guess like others is that each person pays, they don’t get a “deal” since your headed to dump anyway!

rclawn likes this.
  2. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Platinum Member

@h&m GARDENS not trying to hijack your thread, just curious do you have any association with H&M landscaping? There a 20mil landscape company by me....