• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Rally call to protest chinese made mowers!

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i decided i wanted to try and do something against all this chinese made crap we are gettting bombarded with these days. i mean, they are copying our tech and with no ill effects, and then selling it to us not having to pay tarrifs (at least not enough) so they can out price our american goods.

i have had enough, not only am i trying to gather support from you guys here to call and contact these companies(distributors here) but in the end our goverement reps. we need to tell these people we dont want this crap and want penalties for copy right infringment and higher tarrifs to make these junk makers have to compete fairly in our markets. this is a huge root of alot of our financial problems.

this is not a debate thread, it is a join up with me thread, to start a mmovement from our industry to take control once again.!!!

join here, and we can discuss tactics and mass our numbers!!!!!:usflag:

jiggz

LawnSite Senior Member
most of the **** on "American mowers" isnt made in the usa so who cares..

I find it funny how most people get all in a fuss over Cheap Chinese mowers.. but dont think twice about making sure there mower comes with a Kawi on it..After all wasn't that the same company that was making the planes that bombed us 60 years ago?

OP
grassman177

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
different, and here is why,

those are japanese, they arent the cheap alternative and regulated better by the government, unlike the chinese products. it is a national debt thing i can assure you

second, for a long time, the american made engines were in fact inferior. times have changed and the aamerican engines are seeing a bigger following

unkownfl

LawnSite Platinum Member
Mitsubishi made zeros thats Japanese. We helped China during WW2. China is a much needed allied at this point in time. Without China many of us wouldn't be able to afford to go to the store and buy anything. Why are you so worried about China the United States is not a production Nation. Labor is to much and double taxes will not promote a productive one as INC are double taxed. The United States is a service nation. We provide engineering and science that is what will continue to keep us on top. Free market works. When we have all sorts of pressure from legislators on what we can buy it will only raise prices and inflation will be inevitable at that point. There are some products that need to be reliable and for the most part they are made by Western nations things that must be mass produced are better off made in China. Let the Chinese deal with the state of there nation when health becomes a issue there. It will only be a matter of time until they realize making all this junk kills them. They always expose themselves to lead and manufacture plants run 24/7 thats going to give many strokes and heart attacks.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
most of the **** on "American mowers" isnt made in the usa so who cares..
There is such a thing as having a choice. If you choose to buy an entirely foreign built mower where even the corporate profits go overseas that is just wrong. If you choose to buy a mower where the American manufacturer has chosen to use foreign parts and you don't have a choice then that is not your fault. You should at least try to buy a mower with as few foreign parts as possible.

The Chinese are not bashful about putting MADE IN CHINA on everything that comes out of their country. Just look around on the mower. Look at parts like the fuel tank, seats and other large parts. If you see made in China all over it then look at another mower.

brucec32

LawnSite Platinum Member
Unfortunately we're already preganant with the globalism baby. It's nice to support the idea of keeping the money and jobs here in America, but so many things we use are foreign made, and even some jobs are provided here by foreign companies, that I'm not sure we have much of a say in the matter anymore.

The time for this debate was 20 years ago, but nobody was listening. The net result economically of removing barriers to trade is that;

1) anything that CAN be produced elsewhere with lower costs eventually WILL be.
2) any job that CAN be done cheaper with immigrant labor eventually WILL be.

Globalism benefits those with the capital (business owners needing cheaper inputs to compete globally), net consumers of goods (the wealthy), and emerging nations. The rest of us do see benefits from it. It's just that they do not equal the big problem of our earnings being much lower than they would have otherwise been.

So, unless one possesses high end language skills for jobs immigrants can't do, or other skills for jobs that are being shipped overseas, the pool of good jobs will get smaller and smaller with time. The concept that we can all be lawyers, economists, salesmen, and other jobs "immune" to immigration and globalization doesn't make sense, as at least 50% of the population is simply not capable of doing it.

The newest thing is that even Doctors are starting to see effects. X-rays and other tests needing a doctor to interpret them are now sent electronically to India where an MD there making $25K a year does what a guy here making 10x as much once did. And immigrant doctors here work for less as well. This means their incomes will fall as well. In 10 years you may be speaking to Indian attorneys on videoconferencing.

So, while getting things cheaper is good, not having a job that pays enough to afford them is bad. I really feel sorry for those about 20 years old and younger right now. It's a game of musical chairs and those unable to grab one in the form of specialized job skills will be hurting.

unkownfl

LawnSite Platinum Member
We can ship our jobs over seas but eventually you will have a shortage of unemployed forcing wages to go up and thus reversing the cycle. Another theory is that if technology continues to grow it will replace even cheap labor. Fuel prices continue to go up it will cost to much to ship over seas. It will all work its self out. The most important thing that needs to be done is to educate our citizens so they can become the ones that invent such technology's.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
We helped China during WW2. China is a much needed allied at this point in time. Without China many of us wouldn't be able to afford to go to the store and buy anything. Why are you so worried about China the United States is not a production Nation.
Two points here:

1: China is not not one of our allies. You make note of the Chinese in WW II. Do you know what happened in China in 1949? Can you say Chinese Communist Revolution? Do you know what happened in 1950? The Chinese sent over 1 million soldiers over the North Korean border to do battle with the United States and it's real allies. The Chinese contradict every single move the United States makes in it's quest for Iran not to get THE BOMB. Time and time again the Chinese take contradictory stances towards any move we make. They are not our ally.

2: You simply do not understand simple economics. We got to where we are on the strength of our industrial base. We made the things that the rest of the world wanted to buy. It was our trade surpluses that powered our rise to power. It was our industrial base that won WW II. We simply had the ability to manufacture the weapons of war faster than the Germans, Italians and Japanese put together. We have lost that ability almost completely.

Now if we have little to offer the rest of the world and we continue to import everything we use how are we supposed to survive as a nation?