Ram 1500 to offer diesel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Feb 13, 2013.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I know people with one tons who can get 20 not pulling. 25 in a light duty truck should not be a problem. Plus lets not forget dodge introduced a full air ride suspension this year that could be a great combo.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Now they will just have to improve the trannys to hold up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I am really excited about this it finally gives me some options on a smaller estimate and errands truck. I can't stand being in cars so I will always be in a truck and wanted something other then my ram 4500s to do light driving with. My choices were not that good I wanted a diesel and although 2500s do offer the option the cost was actually higher then the diesel on a 3500 on several of the truck building simulations I tried on the Ram site. Which begs the question why bother getting the 2500 when it costs the same or slightly more than the 3500.

4. clydebusa

clydebusa Inactive

Ding, ding we have a winner. My thoughts exactly!:drinkup:

5. dstifel

I think it would be awesome for me i run 99% of my business mowing. Once a week i carry a 72" diesel and that is the biggest thing i pull. Believe me i use my truck for work and their are about 2-3 times a year i curse myself for not having a 3/4 or bigger but the other 99% of the time i laugh at buddies who are bouncing around in their big trucks while mine is quite comfortable to ride in. Someday I'm sure i might need a bigger truck as i grow but for everyday work 1/2 ton suits me fine. Give me the life and mpgs of a diesel in a half ton even better.

6. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

I actually find my crew cab f350 is a better ride then my f150. I still like the Eco boost gas motor I don't think I would ever own a diesel in a half ton just to much upfront cost for not much gain.

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

It's the same engine as the jeep grand Cherokee so hopefully they'll get some mileage out of it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dstifel

That's not what I was hoping for that engine isn't made by cummins. Where did you find this info?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

That's what it said in the article. It's an Italian v6
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. dstifel

Oh interesting
    Posted via Mobile Device