• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Ransomes Bobcat T3100

Bobbo

LawnSite Member
I have a Ransomes Bobcat T3100 with a Kohler 20hp motor. I cannot seem to find any parts for this model. I am particularly looking for a new gas tank because the clear version (or semi-clear) seems to cause the gasoline to cause particles or something due to the sunlight entering the gas tank. I would replace with a new one of any color but I can't seem to find one anywhere, or parts in particular for the ransome line. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

Restrorob

LawnSite Fanatic
Well Bob, I spent over a hour last night trying to find something on your unit also and came up empty handed, Although I did run across the link below they may be able to help you or direct you to somebody who can.
http://www.bob-cat.com/
Lots of luck

OP
B

Bobbo

LawnSite Member
restrorob said:
Well Bob, I spent over a hour last night trying to find something on your unit also and came up empty handed, Although I did run across the link below they may be able to help you or direct you to somebody who can.
http://www.bob-cat.com/
Lots of luck
Thanks for the info but no help there. I called some of the sites and no one seems to know what a bobcat is (other than an animal). So I guess I'll have to make some modifications or something. Too bad, this is a great machine but i'm getting rid of it since I can't get service or anything done. Any bids?????

Bobbo

Restrorob

LawnSite Fanatic
lawnmaniac883 said:
Why not paint the tank? Sand with a 40 grit to rough it up, then use a flat engine enamel or something?
Thats a good idea, Use some Duplicolor automotive vinyl paint that can be bought at Walmart.

OP
B

Bobbo

LawnSite Member
I thought about that but now I think the plastic or something is breaking down inside the tank causing the fuel to gunk up the fuel pump and carbuerator. What's really strange is that I can go out in the morning and the thing runs good for about 15 minutes. I guess I can mow for 15 minutes each day and then get the job done in about a week. Thanks for the posts. I think I may have found a source locally for some parts. Hopefully so and when I get this thing fixed it goes on the auction block.

csd74

LawnSite Member
check your rubber hose coming off the tank to make sure she's not breaking down some hoses over time internally break down.:usflag:

mwhaught

LawnSite Member
Just in case this may help someone down the road:

I found this older thread in trying to obtain information on a Bob-Cat T3100 that I have just purchased. I discovered that there have been a few company mergers/acquisitions since this thread was active. In case anyone is looking, the most current location to obtain dealer locations, operators manuals, parts manuals, deck manuals is: http://www.schillergc.com/

They were very helpful and emailed me PDFs of the above three manuals.