Rare Moment...Lost my Cool with an Employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Too vague of a term. There has been a significant drop in households with guns in them in cities though, going from around 50% in the 80s to 20% now in areas.

I think the leaded gas theory has some merit. It's effects on the brain and aggression are well documented.

blog_lead_crime_main_chart.gif
Really??!!

Had never heard of this.

Thanks for sharing.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Every couple of years isn't really anything compared to the frequency we've seen more recently. They occurred even more frequently in the 90s and haven't completely been eliminated yet.

A lot of people have complained about the working environment at the USPS, very toxic with abusive management throughout the organization.
After Marvin Runyon was appointed to revamp the USPS things got pretty dark. Cuts, cuts and more cuts.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
I was a teen through his tenure and don't really know much about it. I generally consider the "Governing like a business" philosophy to be very flawed but organizations like the USPS are an obvious mishmash that has unique challenges.
His previous gig was the downsizing of TVA. Let's just say he was not too popular in Knoxville and the south.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Every couple of years isn't really anything compared to the frequency we've seen more recently. They occurred even more frequently in the 90s and haven't completely been eliminated yet.

A lot of people have complained about the working environment at the USPS, very toxic with abusive management throughout the organization.
It wasn’t every couple of years
It was constant
That article just listed the most notable incidences.

The “frequency” we’ve seen lately isn’t new
It’s just vehemently reported.
Between 1871 and 1934 people we getting shot almost daily , either ok cross fire from bank robberies or for insulting someone who had a gun.
One of the reasons the nation firearms act was passed was the frequency of which innocent bystanders or policemen were getting mowed down by random gun fire- especially the tommy gun and BAR.

News didn’t really pass around back then with the efficiency it does now.

Seriously frequent shootings of people minding their own business isn’t new.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Abusive management, shitty environment and conditions. Most people don't resort to murder over that but when the sample size is large enough ..
Well
Most people quit before that (true)
But in the post office you’re dealing with a lot of people trying to get a double pension (20 years in the military/police force and 20 years in the post office, retire at 64 collecting two pensions and a social security check)
So they put up with a lot more trying to make it to the “end” and then they crack.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
It wasn’t every couple of years
It was constant
That article just listed the most notable incidences.

The “frequency” we’ve seen lately isn’t new
It’s just vehemently reported.
Between 1871 and 1934 people we getting shot almost daily , either ok cross fire from bank robberies or for insulting someone who had a gun.
One of the reasons the nation firearms act was passed was the frequency of which innocent bystanders or policemen were getting mowed down by random gun fire- especially the tommy gun and BAR.

News didn’t really pass around back then with the efficiency it does now.

Seriously frequent shootings of people minding their own business isn’t new.

Do you have references?

Because just like you I wasn't present for these shootings.

Or are you saying there was actual gun violence at a post office or postal facility that didn't receive any media coverage and isn't documented online?

And what the .. oh bother. Tommy guns in bank robberies from the 1800s? What is your definition of frequent? I suppose I should just shut up now, I'm certainly not in a position to take issue with straying off topic, considering how this thread started ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Forums