Rare Moment...Lost my Cool with an Employee

Discussion in 'Employment' started by TYTILIDIE, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

116EE522-DBAE-4A11-9806-2C82442AC83B.jpeg
    No I’m saying you didn’t read the link
    You’re assuming that by just the ones listed in the link those are the only ones that occurred

It’s doesn’t say “here’s a comprehensive list of all postal related shootings” ... it says NOTABLE postal shootings.

And it’s certainly missing a few near where I grew up - one specifically where a postal worker opened up on a daycare playground with an ak 47 - I can’t recall the specifics of it like how many he killed etc, other than he did it. Maybe it wasn’t notable enough for a paragraph?
    Prior to the internet all older stuff was put onto microfiche- there are still volunteers translating data from microfiche to digital as we speak and will be for over a decade from what I understand.
    I still have to go through microfiche myself when looking for obscure data like property lines on something that hasn’t been surveyed since 1989.
    Just because it’s not on google doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Way off track on this one.

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I also said up until 1934 - with the most notable reasons being the tommy gun and the BAR.
    Prior to the invention of those kinds of weapons doesn’t mean gun violence wasn’t regular or common - modern police forces as we understand them today aren’t even fully implemented , lots of folks just had a sheriff who was anything but rapid response of patrolling a beat.
    Post civil war to the 1930s bank robbing, train robbing and store hold ups were quite common - shooting at, near or around people was also surprisingly common.

Once again , the point being your awareness of things
    Gun violence
    Mental instability
    Teen pregnancy
    Drunk driving
    Is all up due to the prevalence and efficiency of modern media, creating the illusion that it’s mire common today than it was in the past - which isn’t necessarily true.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Oh well I tried

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.