Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
9,721 Posts
I don't know how these prices compare to what you can get locally

www.awdirect.com/load-binders/

I wouldn't buy the cheapy ratchet binders get the best you can buy so you don't have to deal with ones that don't ratchet properly.

Load securement you don't cheap out on.

· Banned
9,721 Posts
The lowbedders around here have gone to ratchet binders and after seeing how much safer they are I won't go back to lever binders.

Lever binders are teeth removers or do some unwanted surgery to your face. I have used lever binders for years always have to be carefull I have had a few close calls with the cheater pipe slipping off.

Your pulling on a cheater pipe thats hard on your back.

Keep the rachet binder lubed up and out of the dirt they are trouble free. If they have a dry screw they are miserable to use :laugh:

I watched a lowbed guy today strap down a Case backhoe he had ratchet binders. It sucked the tires down you could see it was pulled tight. A lever binder you would have to pull like a sucker to get the chain tight.

I have chained down backhoes they are a pain in the gluteous maximus.

Safety is more important than time savings yes it takes a little longer with ratchets but you still have your front teeth :drinkup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.