1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Rate My Door Hanger

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Gilla Gorilla, Jan 26, 2004.

1. cutemhigh

cutemhigh LawnSite Member
    from 44060

so what are some of the laws concerning putting out door hangers. Obviously, they would vary locally, but what have you guys run into?

2. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

hey your door hangers look really nice,
    I got these door hangers from an ebay seller.
    1000 for $149 info and glossy both sides.
    I just start 3 months ago I put out about 75 of 'em only and I get pretty good response.
    6 mowing jobs so far out of the 75 hangers, 2 of them landed in weekly agreements they already paid off themselves.
    check mine out.

door.jpg

door2.jpg

3. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, I like this. Can you send me some info please.
    Thanks, Jay

4. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy LawnSite Member
    from NJ

The hanger looks really good. Simple, not clogged up with lots of stuff to read that nobody cares about. Just gets right to the point. Very Nice.

And definitely utilize the back of the hanger.

I have no criticism's but one suggestion. People are nervous about hiring some stranger to come work at their home every week. Add a photo of you standing behind your professional looking equipment, maybe even along side your crew. Or a picture of you on your mower with a big expanse of perfectly manicured green grass behind you. Put your name right under the photo. Make sure everything in the picture looks shiny and professional. Now they've seen you and you don't feel like such a stranger any more.

5. macy landscaping

macy landscaping LawnSite Member

Look at Vista Print .Com for business cards

6. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

My guys tell me I preach professionalism to them to a fault!! LOL!!
    Both hangers in this threa are excellent. I do agree with the idea of utilizing a picture of yourself on the card. THAT makes it a 5 STAR ad!!!!
    Good Luck!!!
    Buddy

7. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

8. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

9. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

myself have done over 500 transactions in ebay,never have any problem.
    you gotta do your own homework who you deal with though ,but is safe as long as you pay using paypal its all good,paypal is like a creditcard you can dispute any problem.
    ebay you find from major retailer company like bestbuy and sears who also sell on ebay to crooked sellers,its all about the feedbacks,i myself wouldnt deal with less than 98% positive feedbacks sellers and they must take paypal.
    but i have saved hundreds if not thousands on ebay,pretty much i search everything im going to buy there b4 buying it in a store and 99% is always cheaper even with shipping and everything.
    i even bought a $25,000 car from a seller once which was valued $30,000 by bb and also sold one too.