Rate to charge

olebrooklawn

LawnSite Member
I live in brookhaven bout an hour away from you. The golden rule is charge bout dollar a min. Me myself and I Charges anywhere from 45.00 - 100.00 an hour. I figure how long that job will take and give them a flat rate I don't do jobs by the hour. I just know I can't do a job less than 45.00 dollars.

olebrooklawn

LawnSite Member
I have very little over head. If that helps.

alexschultz1

LawnSite Bronze Member
If you are asking this question then you need to start off smaller. Commercial bids require a license, multi-page contracts, and the proper equipment. Im guessing you have no idea what goes into any of that.

OP
G

Golfer72

LawnSite Member
I have 4 60" exmarks, 2 48" exmarks, and 1 21" exmark, 7 stihl weedeaters, 2 stihl edgers, 6 Red max blowers, 4 stihl trimmers, 2 GMC 2500 HD diesels and did over $650,000 in sales last year, so I know that I'm still small. I have just heard so many different amounts lately that people are charging I was just curious to see what a larger group of contractors might say.

SouthSide Cutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have 4 60" exmarks, 2 48" exmarks, and 1 21" exmark, 7 stihl weedeaters, 2 stihl edgers, 6 Red max blowers, 4 stihl trimmers, 2 GMC 2500 HD diesels and did over $650,000 in sales last year, so I know that I'm still small. I have just heard so many different amounts lately that people are charging I was just curious to see what a larger group of contractors might say.
If you made that much and have that much equipment you should not be asking for advise on what to charge!!