Ratio of Job Time Spent Mowing vs. Trimming, Edging, & Blowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Swamp Fox, Sep 7, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    The Swamp Fox

The Swamp Fox LawnSite Member

I see. If that's the case, then it makes some element of skepticism understandable. If you'd like to vet my intentions, feel free to check out the 7 threads I've authored to date, which cover a wide range of topics and hopefully illustrate that I'm putting serious thought and planning into my new business.

Specifically, this long-winded post in which I attempted to give back to the community in some small way by sharing my own detailed calculations on the respective ROI of Gas EFI vs. Propane for mower engines should put your mind at ease. I'm not sure why any customer masquerading as a new LCO for the purposes of seeking price comps would have gone to the trouble of performing such a detailed analysis.

Tara Ann likes this.
  2. Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company LawnSite Senior Member

Suburban 1/4 acre lots, scattered trees, beds, etc.

Mowing:Trimming:Edging:Blowing = 3:5:1:2

The Swamp Fox likes this.
  3. Brucey

Brucey LawnSite Member

Ballard makes a clip attachment that allows you to carry spare loaded spools on the trimmer shaft. Might save you a little more time on site for your extended trimming properties, by winding the spools at the shop beforehand.

https://www.ballard-inc.com/product/trimmer-clip/

4. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Bronze Member

With a speed feed head, I can re-load the head within a minute of running out. I don't even kill the motor.