Re-design help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by h&m GARDENS, Nov 4, 2017.

1. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

How we take our pictures is a reflection of how we view the subject. Your pictures tell me that you are looking at the plants rather than the entire landscape and because of that you are only thinking about the plants. You are also looking at them from close up rather than looking at the "big picture". This is why you are having trouble coming up with a solution. The building is by far the more dominant element in this landscape. Go back and take pictures of the house or really the entire view. Look at the house and determine what you want to do with plants to make it look better. We love plants, but we have to understand that many of the things around the plants can't be manipulated to make the plants work, so we have to use the plants to manipulate how those other things appear - most notably the house. I suggest that you ask yourself "what can I do to make this house look better" and use your knowledge of plants and creativity to make that happen.

sjessen and hort101 like this.