Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chefdrp, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. chefdrp

    chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,384

    I have been doing this for some time now and have upgraded my mower. I feel i need to go legit. So i am getting my lic. real soon. I only have res. lawns so what type of ins. is best for me? Plus how do i tell my customers the y ill be taxed and how mch do i do it for?
  2. tiedeman

    tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth
    Messages: 8,745

    do you have to tax your services?
  3. chefdrp

    chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,384

    wont Uncle sam want some of my hard earned money
  4. Rustic Goat

    Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,194

    Your customers don't/shouldn't care about what Uncle Sam does/doesn't want from you.

    If you have to collect city, county, or state taxes, that's another matter. You'll just have to add that amount onto the bill, you will be acting as a sales tax collector.
    But, check with some people locally to see if you even do that in your area. A simple phone call (if there is such a thing) to the local state/city/county tax office will answer that.
    If you don't want to call them, call a local LCO and inquire about pricing.
  5. wayne volz

    wayne volz LawnSite Member
    Messages: 49


    You may want to consider trying some professional information on cost recovery to determine your charging methods. It is very important to know what the comp. is charging, but know what your break-even point is for your company to determine your minimum charge. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

    Either way, Good luck!


Share This Page