1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Re sod existing yard...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mrusk, Apr 2, 2006.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Well i just got back for a estimate for some sod work. The people want me to re sod about 4800sq ft of there lawn. The lawn they have now looks good. With a little over seeding and fertilizer it would look great. I told them that, buttt they want it resoded. They got $$$. What is the proper way for me to do this? I spend an hour searching old post but could not find anything about re doing a yard that already looks good.

Do i spray with round up then till? Just till it? Or sod cut it? No matter how i get rid of the old turf i plan on adding some top soil and compost to grade it.

The lawn had no weeds in it that i could see. What kind of tillers are you guys using to till large areas? I have another estimate for a 23k sod or seed installation where the ground is hard clay. Its real bad so i want to till it up real good.

Matt

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

BTW for job #1 i need to do the best job physically possible regardless of the cost. This is a very highend area and i have to do a top notch job.

3. Dweezil

Dweezil LawnSite Member

Get a sod cutter, don't waste your time with a tiller. You won't need to worry about useing roundup, just cut it and have someone follow behindyou, roll it, and toss it in a wheelbarow.