1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

read this bs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, Apr 21, 2008.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

saw an ad in a local newspaper yesterday. 2 months or full year if fertilization for FREE

2. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

you got to be kidding me right. so thank you GARDEN STATE LANDSCAPES for being the aholes you are. i might hire you to do my lawn and fertilizer. it might save me money jerkoff

3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

They will be out of business before years end, don't worry about them.

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

its a gimick...whats the big deal...I think we've all given away stuff or lowered a cost to get a job....not sure on the size of the lawn, but in FL, my average lot was 10-14K. one one bag of fert... or basically around 80 bucks in product cost. and maybe 2 hours of labor

If I gave away 80 bucks in products for each property, but I was able to land the yearly maintenance to the tune of 120-140 bucks for 12 months......I'd do it...its a 5% hit on the bottom line...

Id much rather spend 80 bucks on a known client, than toss the money away in flyers or yellow page ads....

I used to tell all of my clients that I'd spray the crack weeds in driveways for free...