1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Reading this site just made me some money...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FATWEASEL, Aug 9, 2006.

1. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

......hahaha! Actually, I was sitting here reading some post and the door bell rang. It was a lady that saw me mowing a home and knew where I lived but didn't know how get in touch.

Said her husband worked too much and couldn't keep the yard up. Easy yard, less than a half acre, 2 trees, 1 trampoline, small concrete patio and driveway, almost all open backyard. :drinkup:

I'm gonna start hangin out on here more often so I'll be RIIIICH!!! :laugh:

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

It's nice when business comes to you. hope you got YOUR price and didn't let them talk you down

3. FATWEASEL

from NC

I said $35 and she didn't bat an eye. I think that's fair for her yard with the minimum trimming. I don't want to fall into that trap, being a first year LCO, giving too low a price to get business but I'm happy with the deal.

4. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

geese, i wish customers would come to me too.

5. FATWEASEL

from NC

You're not hanging out on here enough!:laugh:

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

hah speaking of them coming to your house. When I was mowing a couple years ago. A old greek lady down the street came to my house. Well I was in the restroom and she had the BALLS to open my door and say "hello anyone home?" I came out in my shorts and yelled at her. I told her if I had a gun she'd be dead. I told her to get out of my house. I shut the door on her. Then she rang the door bell. I opened it fast and said "WHAT!" She the asked if I would mow her yard. I said sure where is it. She said right down the street on the corner. I stepped out and said "yeah Ill mow it--------------------------- For $40". She about fell. "Well the other guy mow's it for $12 (real small yard). Well let him do it then. Oh he quit!. I said $40 have a good day.