• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Real Green Demo

johndeereguy

LawnSite Member
I am getting a RealGreen demo on my computer Monday morning.
They said it takes up to 2 hours. I just have not found a good software for keeping good records of my spraying business. Have 500 +- customers and just need something that works as easy as quickbooks, but is tailored to this work. What have you guys found. I want reports on what I have done, work that needs done, recievables, be able to do prepay letters and upsells, but this Real Green seems a little much. Then paying their monthly extras really add up. What do you guys think or do?

lka123

LawnSite Member
I have had my RealGreen software for less than one year. I have A little over 300 customers and I would not do any thing different I LOVE it. Yes it seems like A lot of money, I thought the same thing. But once you have it up and running in your office and you are spending less time in front of the computer and at the same time getting more work done in front of the computer. Iam sure you'll say to your self why didn't I do this last year!!!

David1970

LawnSite Member
After A LOT of research, I bought it and will receive training on 3-8. There is not a more powerful software system on the market for our industry that I know of.

realist

LawnSite Member
it's ok, they are not flexible at all though. they promised alot of things to us. and when they got us, they wouldn't budge. alot of the features are designed for people who have way too much time to sit in the office and play on the computer, when they should be out working.

OP
johndeereguy

johndeereguy

LawnSite Member
Well, i think I decided to skip the Real Green system and go for a QXPress instead. The 10 grand for real green is just so much, then the monthly price on top of it.

klsgc

LawnSite Senior Member
You will love qxpress. I have had it for a year and It does everything I could ever want and more. The only thing that I hear realgreen people talk about that qxpress doesn't have as much of is marketing extras although you can do upsells easily with qxpress. We have our own marketing strategies anyway, so this program was a perfect fit for a fraction of the cost. Make sure you get the mapping with it.

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
I am using Billmaster and it's great.

OP
johndeereguy

johndeereguy

LawnSite Member
I went with QXpress. For $1100 it does almost as much as RealGreen, works great with my Quickbooks, and for a fraction of the cost. Now trying to input and build data base on 550 customers, wow, what a task this will be

pieperlc

LawnSite Senior Member
Let us know how you like it. I was looking at qxpress as well. Looks like it has a lot of nice features and very reasonably priced if it does what I think it will do. Plus it works with quickbooks.