Realgreen Service Assistant vs. ServicePro ServSuite

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by Jhost, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Jhost

Jhost LawnSite Member

Taking a look at some different software. We currently use RealGreen's Service Assistant installed locally and we feel it's not being updated or maintained so we've been looking for something different, something better.

After taking a look at ServSuite and all it has to offer we've been considering making a transition. Prior to doing so, I wanted to get some opinions and information from others who have made the switch.

Has anyone here switched from RealGreen to ServicePro?
    Are you happy with the move?
    Is there anything we need to know before switching?

Any other information you can offer would be helpful. We are ready to get rid of RealGreen.

Also, we have about 20 trucks and starting indoor/outdoor pest control.

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  2. Jhost

Jhost LawnSite Member

Nobody has made the switch?

3. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

What's the cost for servesuit. Is it similarly outrageously expensive.

If you haven't already, consider Service Autopilot. It's chemical tracking and other features have really come a long way in the last few years. Able to manage multiple crews and allot of the same stuff as servesuit. All at a very reasonable cost.

Sorry I don't have any better info but I feel you'll be hard pressed to find someone who has left Real Green

Jhost likes this.
  4. Boilerturf17

Boilerturf17 LawnSite Member

Anyone? I feel exactly the same way. Have loved Realgreen overall but now after years ago agreeing to and investing as a one time cost of $10,000-$15,000 up front. They r now forcing everyone to switch to sa5 by not developing sa4 anymore. Sa5 will cost around $75-$85 per user per month. This will cost us in approx one year what it cost me upfront when I paid for it, not cool Realgreen. Anyone that has left after drinking the koolaid please chime in.

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Very few people here run real green because of the outrageous price.
    So you’re VERY unlikely to find anyone who’s switched from it because actual users of it might be three, on this entire forum.

As far as the fixed price software vs saas (software as a service) this is the “new way to do it”
    I got screwed by CLIP when they went that route; all the companies are moving in that direction.

6. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

We use RGS but have never even taken a look into SAP other than what other CO's have said about it. Yes RG is $$$$, but it literally took 1 job (think salaried employee) away from our company. Its efficient, extremely efficient. And EXTREMELY detailed in how many different things/reports/details that get recorded.

We use currently use everything they offer except maybe the marketing and truck assistant

Edit- We hopped in right after they came out with sa5. We got trained and still use sa4. we may make the switch to sa5 (its actually slightly cheaper) once they get ALL the features/reports into sa5. We are on the monthly plan (they didnt offer anything else)

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

There are quite a few on here that use Real Green.

As for pricing, if you haven't lately, take a test drive and see what it currently costs. The last half dozen onboardings I've seen are far different than the desktop days, so I'm not sure it qualifies for the moniker of "outrageous". That said...

...with RG's recent private equity deal, could we see some changes? I think so, it's just a matter of what that might ultimately be. 12 to 18 months out will likely give a better answer on that.