Lawn Care Forum banner

Really Big Yard

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Albemarle Lawn 
#1 ·
I just looked at a very large yard for a prospective client. I don't know the sq. ft., but I'll tell you this-the house cost about 1.5 mil. The front has 23 sprinkler heads. The back is about 1/4 size of the front and there is a side yard about the same as the back. Driveway is about 100 yds long. Slight slope on front, but shouldn't be a problem.

Question-How the heck do I price it? I figure I will be there about 2-2 1/2 hrs-mow, trim, blow, and go. I'll be using my 36"wb. I am purchasing a set of jungle wheels for it this week.

Background---The owner is VERY prominent in our community. He is in the legal profession ("ALL RISE")-get my drift? Plus several other very successful busineses.

I don't want to blow this one. Plus, he's a really nice guy, too. Really down to earth, not what you would expect.

ANY help would REALLY be APPRECIATED.:confused:

#2 ·
$1,000,000,000,000,000,000 per cut. Prominent "legal professionals" are legalized crooks. They are the worst payers. The only way to be sure he pays is to have a better lawyer than him draw you up a contract. If you dont take my advise, then Hourly rate X 2.5=cost per cut.

#4 ·
You are under-equipped so to break even you have to over-charge.

Sounds like a 1.5 hour job if you have a ZTR.

1.0 hour mowing ZTR = $75
.3 hour trimming = $15
.2 hour blowing = $10

Basically, a $100 job, but will take you too long to make money.

If he takes a high price you are ok, he will love the quality you get with a 36" deck versus a ZTR so you may point that out with your bid, that if someone is cheaper they are using wider decks and heavier equipment.

KB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.