Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent thread titled "Alamia vs. Dealer" it seems there is quite a difference of opinion on the subject.

My question is this. Do you think you should have the choice of dealing with companies like Alamia? Or do you think it is totally unfair to local dealers and equipment distributors should try to limit these online and phone sales?

A simple "Yes" meaning companies like Alamia should be allowed to continue.

Or "No", manufacturers and distributors need to put a stop to it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
YES

There will always be a need for local servicing and dealers know it

If locals shut down it simply means they haven't adapted to the new reality and positioned themselves accordingly...and I don't mean hands on ankles :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
It pisses my dealer off when I tell him how much Alamia sells the same equipment for. Oh well I guess he'll make up for it on repair parts.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Something to consider, is what the part(s) is. Is it worth it to order it and save thirty percent and get it 4 to 5 days later, (even though thay claim two) or is it better to just go to the dealer and get the part, have it right away, know it's the RIGHT part, and save shipping and handling costs? Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.