1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Realtime Photo Imaging Question

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Blmtlandscapes, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Blmtlandscapes

Blmtlandscapes LawnSite Member

Ive been learning my realtime architect software an Im really impressed with it so far. However I noticed that when designing using photo imaging I can't figure out a way to scale objects and plantings. For example if you input a pine tree how do you know what size to put it at, do you just eye it up??

2. grntmbfisher

grntmbfisher LawnSite Member
    from NH

Using Realtime Photo can be a pain. I draw up the layout and plant list for the customer by hand. When it comes to the computerized design, If you have a house in the background you can use the measurements of that to get the plants as close to right size as possible. When all you have is a garden bed or blank slate it becomes more of a hassle and I typically spend extra time resizing and moving the plants to get them to look right. I basically do the same thing in this situation as with a house and use an object in the image that I know the size of to compare to.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  3. Blmtlandscapes

Blmtlandscapes LawnSite Member

Thats what I was thinking.... the best thing to do would be to do a planview drawing to scale, pick out the plant selection and placement and then do the photo imaging based off of the drawing. I just wanted to make sure I wast missing something.